Power only loads help both carriers and shippers meet the varying and constant growing needs of the trucking and transportation industry. Power only load boards are now an ideal way to get connected with the companies and loads you need to earn what you desire.
These load boards can help streamline payment, ensure company reliability, and much more. If you’re looking to take control of your time on the road, finding the best power only load boards is essential and we’ve got the options you’ve been waiting for. Don’t let downtime lead to waste, get started with the best power only load board today.
And when you’re finished reading, explore more articles in our ‘Power only trucking’ article series:
- What is power only trucking?
- Pros and cons of becoming a power only owner operator
- How to find owner operator power only jobs
- Best power only load boards
Quicklook: Best Power Only Load
- Best For In-app Tools: Truckstop.com- Find Loads
- Best For Setting Your Own Rate: uShip – Find Loads
- Best For Well Maintained Trailers: Convoy – Find Loads
- Best For Maximizing Drive Time: Uber Freight – Find Loads
4 Best Power Only Load Boards
The best power only load boards can help you get connected with the right loads and keep you earning as you need. Learn about what the top five have to offer you.
All of the best power only load boards offer mobile app solutions, but Truckstop provides the best tools that can help you both on and off the road. While they may have pricier plans, they come packed with the tools you need to make your money back everywhere you can.
Best For: In-app Tools
- Decision tools (Truck-to-load ratio, truck activity by origin and destination)
- Book loads instantly
- Fuel desk (Simple truck routing, rates, and IFTA)
- Credit stop broker
- Load comparison
- User friendly
- Real-time updates
- Rate insights
- Best-paying loads search
- Mobile app available
- Pricing plan is per user for up to 3 users, additional fees & taxes apply
- Features are nice, but some are lacking support
Pricing: Truckstop offers varying plans for Carriers, Brokers, Shippers, and Dual Authorities. This pricing is for the Carrier plans. Full pricing available at Load Boards for Carriers, Brokers and Shippers – Truckstop.com.
- Basic Plan – $39/month
- Advanced Plan – $125/month
- Pro Plan – $149/month
uShip has a pricing structure that allows you to pay as you go and the option to set your own rate is ideal for many. Get notified when new loads are available so you can be on the road when you want to be. Their user friendly mobile app helps you streamline operations and spend less time with the hassles.
Best For: Setting Your Own Rate
- Filter available loads by type of shipment, locations, and dates
- Save filters and get notified when a new load is available
- Along Your Route search tool (make your own lane, avoid deadhead trips and backhauls)
- Set your own rates
- Thousands of available loads daily
- Find shipments based on your equipment
- Streamlined uShip mobile app available
- Customer service is lacking
- Pricing isn’t always optimal
Pricing: Free until transportation is secured
Convoy is a leading power only load board that minimizes the fees you’ll have to worry about. With free trailer rentals, under certain conditions of course, making the most of your trip is easier than ever. With trailers that undergo regular maintenance, you can drive with confidence when you drive with Convoy.
Best For: Well Maintained Trailers
- Access to Convoy’s Digital Freight Network
- Trailer rentals available at no cost (So long as they’re returned on time)
- Extra flexibility to haul additional loads with Convoy trailers (even for non Convoy loads)
- Convoy trailers undergo regular maintenance
- No additional insurance fees
- User friendly mobile app available
- Bids can be harder to get the longer you drive for Convoy
- Foreign based customer service
With Powerloop, Uber Freight has made it effortless for carriers to find power only loads. No matter the size of the carrier, it’s easy to find and book the loads you need and avoid downtime and waste. Maximize your earning when you utilize Uber Freight.
Best For: Maximizing Drive Time
- Custom alerts for your ideal loads
- Post Truck feature so you never miss a load
- Uber Freight Plus (rewards program)
- Smart load suggestions
- Clear, upfront pricing and availability
- 24/7 customer support
- Facility ratings
- Mobile app available
- Resolution time for issues is lengthy
- App can have error issues
Pricing: Free to sign up
What Is a Power Only Load Board?
A power only load is a solution for many carriers that want to drive with their truck and utilize another company’s trailer. This type of load refers to the carrier as a “power unit”. Load boards are online marketplaces that connect carriers and shippers. Power only load boards are similar to your traditional load boards for carriers, but they offer loads for those looking to connect to an already loaded trailer. The best load boards for truckers will allow you to find the loads you need no matter where you are.
How Does Power Only Load Board Work?
Power only load boards work by having both carriers and shippers create accounts to interact with each other. These online marketplaces provide you with direct communication for those looking for your services without the hassle. You can save time by instantly finding the loads you need and connect with reputable companies throughout the country. The best load boards for shippers and truckers may vary depending on your needs.
Minimize Downtime and Maximize Your Earnings
Power only loads are a great way for both carriers and shippers to optimize efficiency. Power only load boards have been created to truly help carriers minimize their downtime while maximizing what they can earn while on the road. Waiting at facilities can be diminished when you’re hauling a power only load and the best power only load boards can help you alleviate hassle all together. Finding and booking the right loads can remain a breeze and the best load boards may come packed with additional tools that can help you streamline your own operations.
Power only loads will vary in price depending on the location, distance, and other factors. They can be a cost-effective way of transportation for both carriers and shippers.
Power only on load boards refers to a load where the carrier or driver comes equipped with the truck and the shipper or broker will provide the loaded trailer.
Sign up for a FreightWaves e-newsletter to stay informed of all news and trends impacting supply chain careers and operations.