The Rexing V1P dash cam has an impressive 4k camera, offering high-definition videos that are crisp and clear. Enhanced night vision ensures that you get clear footage even when it’s dark.
This affordable dash cam has all the essential features including integrated Wi-Fi, looped footage, secure locking of accident footage, and Parking Surveillance. On the downside, it has no GPS or micro-SD card. So, factor these costs into your budget if you choose to buy the Rexing V1P dash cam.
How Does the Rexing V1P Dash Cam Work?
The Rexing V1P dash cam is a full HD dual camera that mounts discreetly up against the windshield and rear window with an adhesive mount. Some states prohibit the use of windshield-mounted cameras so check the state laws for dash cams before you buy.
To set up your Rexing V1P dash cam, insert a micro-SD card of up to 256GB in the provided slot. Once the camera is mounted, rotate it to fine-tune the view of the road using the 2.4-inch LCD screen.
The dash cam features loop recording that begins as soon as you start the engine. Secure recording locks the footage when the G sensor detects a collision. That means you will always have access to this essential footage. Though the camera keeps recording over the oldest videos, anything that has been locked is retained.
When parked, the camera automatically switches to parking surveillance mode and will start recording if it detects vibration.
The Rexing V1P dash cam has an integrated Wi-Fi system. Download Rexing Connect to save or share your video footage using your smartphone or tablet. You can also use your phone to change camera settings.
To take advantage of the 18-month warranty, you will have to register the product with Rexing.
Rexing V1P Dash Cam FAQs
Take a look at a few common questions asking about the Rexing V1P dash cam.
What Type of Memory Card Do I Need for Recording?
You need a micro-SD memory card for your Rexing V1P dash cam. The card must have a speed rating of at least Class 10/UHS-I.
Does the Rexing V1P Have Night Vision?
The Rexing V1P dash cam has an automatically integrated light adjustment that ensures that pictures remain clear even when there is little light.
Is the Rexing V1P Rear Camera Waterproof?
The Rexing V1P is not waterproof. It is weatherproof meaning that it is built to resist the effects of bad weather. Like most electronic equipment, it should remain dry at all times. The camera is mounted inside the vehicle so waterproofing isn’t necessary.
How Do I View My Recordings?
As part of the installation process, you will have to download Rexing Connect software from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Use the app to view, save and share your recordings.
Performance Factors of the Rexing V1P Dash Cam
Since the purpose of a dash cam is to record footage that could determine the outcome after an accident, the most important performance factors revolve around this function. The Rexing V1P dash cam performs well on these measures.
- Ultra-wide 170° angles - on both front and rear cameras. This is wider than most other dash cams currently available. The six-layer lenses auto-adjust the light setting so that the footage is crisp and clear even in the dark.
- 4K 1080P high-resolution technology - offering more than 8 million pixels of picture clarity at 30 frames per second.
- Integrated Wi-Fi - view and share your footage on your smartphone or tablet using the onboard wi-fi function. Make changes to the camera settings directly from your phone
- Powered by a supercapacitor - most dash cams use lithium-ion batteries. The Rexing V1P dash cam uses a supercapacitor instead. It can withstand temperature extremes of -20° to 176° Fahrenheit, which is not possible with batteries. You can also expect the capacitor to last longer than batteries.
|3.5 x 2.25 x 1.5 inches
|4K + 1080P
|Adhesive mount, suction mount optional
|Micro SD UHS-3 or higher up to 256GB
|Speed Limit Indicator
|170° + 170°
|20° – 176° Fahrenheit
How Has the Rexing V1P Dash Cam Improved?
If you’ve used earlier versions of the Rexing V1P dash cam, you’ll find some nifty innovations on the newest model.
Earlier versions of the product did not include Wi-Fi so users had to remove the memory card or plug the dashcam into a computer to access the footage. Today Wi-Fi makes it easy to access information from your smartphone or tablet.
Other improvements include
- The Rexing V1P dash cam starts automatically recording in tandem with the vehicle
- A supercapacitor replaced the lithium-ion battery
- The quality of the rear camera has improved
- The micro-SD card is easier to insert and remove as the slot is more accessible.
So, does the Rexing V1P Dash Cam suit your needs? This product is the best choice for
- Best view of the road ahead and behind
- Limited budget
- Parking in high daytime temperatures
Protect Yourself with the Rexing V1P Dash Cam
The Rexing V1P dash cam offers superior picture clarity. Looped video ensures that the cameras keep rolling, never running out of memory. While secure locking protects your footage Integrated Wi-Fi offers ease of use.
Dashcams have become an essential part of ensuring that you and your employees are legally covered in the event of an accident. You must, however, choose a camera with video footage that leaves no doubt about the events.
*Excluding the micro-SD memory card, the GPS, and the hotwire cable
Pros & Cons
The Rexing V1P Dash Cam has a lot going for it. Benefits include
- Good quality footage
- Dual camera
- 170° view of the road front and back
- Durable supercapacitor that can withstand extremes of temperature
- The camera starts and stops along with the ignition
- Secure recording preserves accident footage
- Integrated Wi-Fi connection
- Affordable price.
The Rexing V1P dash cam drawbacks relate almost entirely to what’s missing rather than issues with quality
- The Rexing V1P does not have a built-in GPS
- It doesn’t include the micro-SD card
- If you want to hardwire the camera, you will also have to buy the hardwire kit
How can someone other than yourself,control & operate your dash cam & control what you see at any given moment.im ashamed that someone can connect to my wifi..and not me..Loganville,Ga Lawrenceville Ga.Snellville,Ga I Purchase this dash cam confident that the rexing dash cam company would not sell me,the consumer a Device that can be Hact by entity’s or agency’s..is this a conspiracy. Want a full refund or rexing company to explain