All of your supply chain needs are handled by professional air freight companies. The top airfreight companies help you maximize your company processes by providing effective inventory management and quick shipment tracking. Check out our list of the top international air freight companies to find the best option for all of your logistic services.
Quicklook: Best International Air Freight Companies
- Best For Freight Transportation: XPO Logistics, Inc
- Best For LTL Freight Shipping: Old Dominion Freight Line
- Best For Logistics and Distribution: Transworld Shipping
- Best For Logistics Provider: Commodity Forwarders Inc
- Best For Specialty Logistics Solutions: World Courier
5 Best International Air Freight Companies
Take this opportunity to learn more about some of the top international air freight companies and the services they provide. Here are our top picks:
XPO Logistics, Inc.
XPO Logistics is an international air freight company based in the United States that specializes in less-than-truckload and truck brokerage solutions. The corporate headquarters of XPO are in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States. This company is North America’s third-largest LTL supplier and Western Europe’s top LTL service.
- Freight Transportation
Location: Greenwich, CT
Contact Info: 1 (844) 742-5976
- Less-than-truckload (LTL)
- Freight Brokerage
- International Shipping Solutions
Revenue: 16 Billion
- A vast network of partners
- They have the capacity to handle a massive amount of deliveries.
- They provide timely services
- Great customer satisfaction
- They use high-end technology
- Inconsistent Delivery Times
Old Dominion Freight Line
With Old Dominion Freight Lines operation services you can confidently handle your LTL air freight transportation needs. This air freight forwarding company offers comprehensive national coverage throughout the United States.
- LTL Freight Shipping
- Domestic Shipping
Location: Thomasville, NC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LTL Freight Shipment
- Expedited Shipping
- Truckload/Special Services
Employees: 1,000 – 9,999
Revenue: 4 Billion
- Inter and Intra-regionally shipping
- All regions of the United States are covered internationally.
- Super Regional LTL Shipping
- Sustains a stellar safety record
- Mediocre customer service
- Better suited for larger companies only
Transworld is an international air freight company known for its dedication to excellence in staff and service quality, as well as affordable prices. With the support of their integrated supply chain management systems, they transport your deliveries and merchandise to their end location.
- Provider of logistics and distribution
- Management of Supply chains
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact Info: 1-562-628-8852
- Freight Forwarding
- Transport Solutions
Revenue: 70 Million
- Cargo tracking
- Networking that is reliable and secure
- Warehousing Deliveries
- JIT Shipments
- Trucking Solutions
- Delayed Deliveries at times
- Lacking Customer Service
Commodity Forwarders Inc.
Commodity Forwarders, Inc. specializes in shipping perishable goods around the globe while meeting consumer demands. This air freight forwarding company also focuses on managing temperature-sensitive freight programs for clients all around the country.
- Freight Forwarding
- Logistics Provider
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Contact Info: (310) 348-8855
- Transportation solutions
- Distribution services
Revenue: 63 Million
- Ground Refrigerated Transportation
- Ocean and Air Freight Services
- Shipment Tracking
- Excellent Quality Assurance
- Could provide better shipment information
World Courier delivers specialized logistics services to help their global partners achieve business success. They provide supply chain management, transportation services, and the heat-sensitive storage of goods,
- Specialty Logistics Solutions
- Supply Chain Management
Location: Inglewood, CA
Contact Info: 1-800-221-6600
- Freight Forwarding
- Global Processing Specialist
Revenue: $979.7 Million
- Commercial Supply Chain services
- They offer Pharmaceutical Storage and Distribution
- Top Air Freight Services
- Storage and transportation services
- Packages have been damaged due to improper temperature storage methods.
What Is International Air Freight?
The transfer and shipping of products through a freight forwarder is known as international air freight transportation. This serves as a cost-effective way to coordinate shipments to practically any location.
How Does International Air Freight Work?
International Air Freight is frequently used as one of the most efficient delivery methods. Cargo that is transported by air can significantly reduce transit times. International Air Freight allows companies to transfer crucial cargo around the globe promptly.
What to Consider With International Air Freight
There are many things that you should consider when you plan to transport cargo using International Air Freight. Many people will ask how much does international air freight costs, or what is the best freight shipping method? Will will go over some of the most important things to consider with international air freight.
Air Freight Costs
As a business owner, you’ll want to know whether International air or ocean freight shipping is the least expensive option. It is beneficial to be informed about how companies charge for international shipping in order to find the best option.
If speed is critical with your shipment objectives, international air freight must be considered. With air freight, there are relatively fewer delays, and cargo is more likely to arrive on schedule.
The limitation of room on airplanes limits the amount of freight that can be transported by aviation. It’s vital to understand that airlines calculate your shipping rates primarily on your package’s weight and volume.
Top International Air Freight Options
Find the best international air freight companies that can provide you with a variety of logistics solutions and aid you in the distribution of your products. Partnering with FreightWaves Ratings and subscribing to our e-newsletter subscription can help you stay informed of the technological and economic impacts in the transportation and supply-chain space.
Sea freight is usually less expensive than air freight, but this might vary depending on the size of the cargo. Shipping over the ocean has been found to be around five times less expensive than air freight.
Freight and cargo both refer to products being transported, primarily for commercial reasons. When products are imported by a freight forwarding business that would be known as air freight. Air cargo is bulk freight that is loaded onto an airplane.
Lighter commodities such as luxury items, pharmaceuticals, as well as healthcare equipment are typically the best to transport by air.