Vehicle shipping in Indiana is a simple, cost-effective solution to facilitate a move. The cost of shipping a car is often less than the cost of driving it yourself, making it a reasonable choice to save time and money. Whether you’re working in corporate or fleet relocation, planning a private move, or collecting cars, car shipping companies in Indiana are centrally located to support moves across North America and around the globe.
Quicklook: best companies for vehicle shipping in Indiana
- Best for transparency: uShip
- Best for Low Rates: Ship A Car, Inc.
- Best for nationwide shipping: Montway Auto Transport
- Best for customized shipping: Indianapolis Car Transport
- Best for carrier comparison: AmeriFreight
- Best for unusual shipping requests: eShip
5 best car shipping companies in Indiana
When you’re moving home or moving a fleet, the best car shipping companies in Indiana can deliver exceptional value. They often cost less than driving a vehicle yourself.
uShip offers a comprehensive set of tools and a vast network of reliable transporters for smooth car shipping to Indiana. Their comprehensive support system empowers you to transport your car to Alaska with confidence, knowing that your vehicle is in capable hands every step of the way.
Their platform features streamlined communication tools for direct contact with transporters, fostering trust and efficient communication. With real-time tracking, you can monitor your car’s journey closely, staying informed and planning effectively. uShip also verifies carrier qualifications, giving you confidence in capable hands during your car’s journey to Alaska.
Best For: Transparency
- User-friendly interface
- Self-service options
- Huge carrier marketplace
- You can vet drivers by profile
- Easier interaction with the shipper
- Does not provide personalized support
- Quotes are not guaranteed
Ship a Car, Inc.
Ship A Car has built a reputation for affordable excellence in auto shipping over the past decade. Their ability to keep costs low while providing top-tier service is what makes them a leading affordable option. Ship A Car’s national carrier network allows them to offer customers instant online quotes that are highly competitive. They do not require an upfront deposit and offer services throughout the United States, including to Alaska and Hawaii.
Best For: Affordability
- 5-star ratings from customers
- Prompt service and a dedicated transport support professional
- Great rates
- May have extra fees for certain service locations
Montway Auto Transport
Montway Auto Transport advertises that it is the number-one rated car transporter in the U.S. and has reliable vehicle shipping in Indiana. It offers a personalized approach and dedicated advisors to help you transport your vehicle safely and securely. It has a network of more than 15,000 personally vetted haulers with high performance standards.
Best for: Nationwide shipping
- Free quotes
- No upfront payment
- Payment required after vehicles are dispatched
- After-hours customer support with extended hours 365 days a year
- Professional auto transport advisors keep you in the loop every step of the way
- Large national network of carriers for faster delivery
- You’ll need to contact them for vehicle tracking information.
AmeriFreight serves Indiana as part of its nationwide service. It is Better Business Bureau accredited with an A+. It is known for exceptional communication, customer service and delivering greater value than promised. While AmeriFreight is a transport broker, it will match you with extraordinary carriers.
Best for: Carrier comparison
- Gap protection for damage detected after delivery
- All vehicle types, including large trucks, SUVs and RVs
- Corporate vehicle transport
- Discounts for military personnel, students, first responders, senior citizens and medical personnel
- Compare carriers, prices, delivery times, and insurance offers before committing
- Some customers report charges of up to 25% over price estimates
eShip is a nationwide carrier that offers fast, free quotes and excellent value for vehicle shipping in Indiana. In addition to standard vehicle transport, it offers motorcycle transport, RV shipping and household moving. While based in Florida, eShip offers service in Indiana and the U.S. eShip also offers all customers free storage for up to seven days at their Florida location.
Best for: Unusual shipping requests
- No upfront deposit
- Expedited transit options
- Top-rated company
- Clear pricing
- Excellent customer service
- Delivery in less than a week in many cases
- 99% customer satisfaction
- Last-minute scheduling
- Some cars have been transported on flatbed trucks instead of car carriers; check transport type ahead of time
How much is it to ship a car from Indiana?
How much it costs to ship a car from Indiana will vary by destination and vehicle weight and length. For vehicle shipping in Indiana, open carriers will be less expensive than closed carriers. Shipping a car from Indianapolis, Indiana, to Los Angeles, California, will cost about $800 to $1,000 in an open carrier. On the other hand, Indianapolis to Columbus could cost as little as $175. For extra large or high-value vehicles, the price could be substantially higher.
Why choose vehicle shipping in Indiana
Indiana is a transport center for all types of freight, with over 724 million tons of freight traveling through Indiana each year. As a transportation and business hub, or for individual car shipping and car transport services, Indiana companies offer practical solutions for both companies and individuals. Looking for vehicle shipping from Indiana can save time and money.
How much it costs to ship a car on a carrier ship will vary by destination, shipping distance and vehicle type and weight. Generally, prices for shipping a car range from $1,000 to $4,000.
How long a car carrier takes depends on the service selected. Many vehicles could be delivered within a week, but it could take up to a month. Find more about nationwide car shipping companies here.
Shipping a car is a good idea if you’re planning to move cross-country or overseas and don’t want to drive your car to a new destination. The cost can be more than worth the time savings.
Sign up for a FreightWaves e-newsletter to stay informed of all news and trends impacting supply chain careers and operations.