Vehicle shipping in Indiana is a simple, cost-effective solution to facilitate a move. The cost of shipping a car is often less than the cost of driving it yourself, making it a reasonable choice to save time and money. Whether you’re working in corporate or fleet relocation, planning a private move, or collecting cars, car shipping companies in Indiana are centrally located to support moves across North America and around the globe.
Quicklook: best companies for vehicle shipping in Indiana
- Best for customized shipping: Indianapolis Car Transport
- Best for carrier comparison: AmeriFreight
- Best for cars and motorcycles: Autovocity Transport
- Best for unusual shipping requests: eShip
- Best for fast delivery: Reindeer Auto Relocation
5 best car shipping companies in Indiana
When you’re moving home or moving a fleet, the best car shipping companies in Indiana can deliver exceptional value. They often cost less than driving a vehicle yourself.
Indianapolis Car Transport
Indianapolis Car Transport has offered hassle-free shipping solutions since 2006. It offers enclosed transport, open carrier, expedited shipping and door-to-door car transport service. Indianapolis Car Transport can move all vehicle types, including boats, motorcycles, trucks and heavy equipment.
Best for: Customized shipping
- Free quote
- Nationwide service
- Premium expedited options
- Tools to load and unload non-moving vehicles
- Excellent customer service
- Low-hassle, fast service
- Cars aren’t washed following transport and thus may arrive dusty
AmeriFreight serves Indiana as part of its nationwide service. It is Better Business Bureau accredited with an A+. It is known for exceptional communication, customer service and delivering greater value than promised. While AmeriFreight is a transport broker, it will match you with extraordinary carriers.
Best for: Carrier comparison
- Gap protection for damage detected after delivery
- All vehicle types, including large trucks, SUVs and RVs
- Corporate vehicle transport
- Discounts for military personnel, students, first responders, senior citizens and medical personnel
- Compare carriers, prices, delivery times, and insurance offers before committing
- Some customers report charges of up to 25% over price estimates
Autovocity Transport offers nationwide shipping with over half a million satisfied customers. It offers door-to-door shipping solutions, express shipping and enclosed shipping. Autovocity Transport offers specialty lift gates for loading and unloading that better protect the vehicle during car transport service.
Best for: Cars and motorcycles
- Door-to-door shipping
- Express shipping
- Customized schedules
- Pickup within 48 hours for express shipping
- Full coverage insurance
- Enclosed motorcycle carriers
- Free quotes
- Hasn’t always paid some carriers on time. Find the best car shipping companies to work for here.
eShip is a nationwide carrier that offers fast, free quotes and excellent value for vehicle shipping in Indiana. In addition to standard vehicle transport, it offers motorcycle transport, RV shipping and household moving. While based in Florida, eShip offers service in Indiana and the U.S. eShip also offers all customers free storage for up to seven days at their Florida location.
Best for: Unusual shipping requests
- No upfront deposit
- Expedited transit options
- Top-rated company
- Clear pricing
- Excellent customer service
- Delivery in less than a week in many cases
- 99% customer satisfaction
- Last-minute scheduling
- Some cars have been transported on flatbed trucks instead of car carriers; check transport type ahead of time
Reindeer Auto Relocation
Reindeer Auto Relocation, based in Zionsville, Indiana, has moved over half a million vehicles across the U.S., Canada, and internationally in the last 25 years. It serves all 50 states and offers global shipping solutions and vehicle shipping in Indiana. Reindeer Auto Relocation is known for the highest quality shipping services for corporate relocation, exporters and individuals.
It has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+ and operates an extensive network of licensed, bonded and insured carriers held to the highest standards.
Best for: Fast delivery
- Guaranteed pickup and delivery dates
- Open and enclosed shipping options
- Dedicated coordinator
- Same-day vehicle pickup
- Specialized app
- 24/7 customer service
- $100,000 in included insurance
- No down payment required
- Some customers complain of disorganized service
- A few customers received vehicles with scratches and dust
How much is it to ship a car from Indiana?
How much it costs to ship a car from Indiana will vary by destination and vehicle weight and length. For vehicle shipping in Indiana, open carriers will be less expensive than closed carriers. Shipping a car from Indianapolis, Indiana, to Los Angeles, California, will cost about $800 to $1,000 in an open carrier. On the other hand, Indianapolis to Columbus could cost as little as $175. For extra large or high-value vehicles, the price could be substantially higher.
Why choose vehicle shipping in Indiana
Indiana is a transport center for all types of freight, with over 724 million tons of freight traveling through Indiana each year. As a transportation and business hub, or for individual car shipping and car transport services, Indiana companies offer practical solutions for both companies and individuals. Looking for vehicle shipping from Indiana can save time and money.
How much it costs to ship a car on a carrier ship will vary by destination, shipping distance and vehicle type and weight. Generally, prices for shipping a car range from $1,000 to $4,000.
How long a car carrier takes depends on the service selected. Many vehicles could be delivered within a week, but it could take up to a month. Find more about nationwide car shipping companies here.
Shipping a car is a good idea if you’re planning to move cross-country or overseas and don’t want to drive your car to a new destination. The cost can be more than worth the time savings.
Sign up for a FreightWaves e-newsletter to stay informed of all news and trends impacting supply chain careers and operations.